Friday, September 16, 2016

Wasp nest on high

It's a good thing I looked up, squinting against the blaze of afternoon sunlight, searching the trees for an invisible singing bird; I would have missed this otherwise.

A fat wasp's nest, once hidden, exposed now that the leaves are half gone.

The nest looks heavy, hanging on a branch, dragging it down.

I was re-visiting Baikie Island; a full report tomorrow.

(And I never found the bird.)

Baikie Island is tucked into the mouth of the Campbell River.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger