Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Manna from on high

Starlings congregate underneath the feeder tree, catching bits of suet dropped by a messy eater overhead.

Their bills get all gooped up with the greasy suet, and then the snow sticks to it. Half the starlings have snowy beaks.

The source of the falling suet, a starling waiting his turn, and a grumpy sparrow, who will be third in line at the suet feeder.

Fourth in line. May as well wait over here.

It has stopped snowing. The weather people say more is coming tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger