Wednesday, February 21, 2018

All new colours

Sparkling clean! This grainy hand hermit is freshly molted, and hasn't accumulated any of the usual dust, algae, and random critters that he usually carries.

Pagurus granosimanus

Bright orange,deep red, and yellowy-greens, pale blue spots on his legs.

The shell, of course, is still covered in algae. He discarded the old one, and picked up one a size larger, but not one of the fresh, white ones I brought last week. Sometimes the old jeans are just more comfortable.


2 comments:

  1. He has seaweed legs!
    (Perhaps you should provide them with mirrors so they can check their new hats suit them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours, kind of like spring in the tank. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger